Saturday, March 21, 2009

Empathy & Sincerity

Less than two month I'm finishing my three year course, the time had passes so fast...and i know that some of my friends are going to further their study. I wish to further my study too, but i knew that i can't, due to some reason :(

Once again, our counseling lecturer asked us why we choose psychology course. This question had been ask since year one semester one, and now it reveal again.

Today Mr. Lee a counselor from Hospital Kuala Lumpur had given speech which is invited by Ms. Chee (counseling lecturer). He make me feel proud of being a psychology student, because we all do learned about empathy! Everyone know about psychology, but the different is how much do u know about psychology?

A lot of people think that psychology is deal with "crazy people", i even heard from the people around me said that only weird people will choose to study psychology! Some also said that people who studied psychology, all acted and look mysterious......There is alot of different perceptions toward psychology and counseling.

And seriously i don't mind what others said, because i know what is psychology actually about, and throughout this three years of studying this "weird" course, i do learned alot of things! I started to understand myself better, i started to have answer for the doubt that i used to keep in me.

And by involving myself in this profession, whenever i face problem i will only disclosed to someone who understand what is empathy all about. For me, psychology is something beautiful, i came to understand the human beings, i learned about the sincerity, empathy and alot of others things which i don't think I'm able to list out everything at here...:)

This world is a reality world where everyone will put on their best mask to deal with the people around them.I used to emphasize about this because i did see the sincerity that people is carrying around me...

And in the counseling session, when there is only a counselor and a client in a room. It seem like there is only the way to let people to put down their mask and showed their real self. Counseling and psychology is beautiful because we assists people in their life, we show sincerity and empathy whereby u can hardly find this two things exist in the real world when everyone is trying to show their best mask...